Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

So I tried out this recipe from SparkPeople for low fat zucchini brownies and it turned out more like a bread. Still delicious, and I can't wait to have some lathered in cashew butter for breakfast tomorrow morning! I also modified some of the ingredients to make it even healthier. Today at Whole Foods I discovered the most wonderful thing ever invented- ground chia and flax seed with coconut and cocoa. I tested it out in some vanilla yogurt and I couldn't believe how good it was- not too powdery or gritty, just sweet enough, very chocolatey. I felt like I was eating dessert and can't wait to try it mixed with frozen banana "ice cream".


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  •  2 small or medium bananas mashed 
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder 
  • 1/4 cup Decadent Blend
  • 1-1/2 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 2 cups finely shredded zucchini (I used 4 small zucchinis) 
  • 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour 
  • 1/2 cup walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar. Add vanilla, cocoa, and ground flax/chia seed and mix together. Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together. Add flour and walnuts and mix together. Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.



No comments:

Post a Comment