Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekly Meal Planning

One thing that I think is really important when you have GI issues is meal preparation. If you're always prepared with something to eat that's good for your tummy, you're less likely to just eat whatever is lying around. Sunday is the perfect day to go grocery shopping and plan out meals and snacks to set yourself up for a successful week of feeling great. These are the meals and snacks that I've planned for the week. I've been trying to eat more veggies.


Snacks
  • Mozzarella sticks wrapped in turkey
  • Lactose free yogurt cups
  • Carrots and peanut butter (Sounds weird but tastes surprisingly good)
  • Hard boiled eggs and chocolate almond milk (Also sounds a little weird but it has a ton of protein and curbs my sweet tooth. If you need something sweet it's best to pair it with protein so your blood sugar won't spike.) 
  • Macrobars- I just saw these for the first time at Whole Foods and got to try a sample. Ok like 5 samples. They are the first protein bar I've found that is completely FODMAP free!
  • and of course Bobo's Oat bars. These can be trouble though since they're a little over 300 calories per bar. Usually I'll eat half mid-morning and the other half in the afternoon.
Meals
  • Baked chicken and sweet potato
  • Salad- mixed greens, cucumber, shredded carrot, grape tomatoes, red pepper, hard boiled eggs, and balsamic dressing.
  • Tuna salad on a bed of fresh greens- I like to make tuna salad with a little light mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Cholulaha and will sometimes add cucumber and grapes.
  • Stir fry- I always keep jasmine rice, chicken, zucchini, scallions, peanuts, and red peppers on hand so my husband can make stir fry :) 

After looking at this list I realize how much I like to snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment