Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies

I took another stab at gluten free baking today. They tasted good, but once again had a funky consistency. Very crunchy after they cooled. I won't take all the blame though. Trying to bake at altitude is hard enough. At least they are better than my muffin disaster last weekend.
I also got to play around with my Lensbaby!




Recipe adapted from vanessam.hubpages.com
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour (I used 1 cup gluten free all purpose and 1cup oat, don't ask me why)
  • 1 tbsp minced orange peel
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. In a medium bowl, combine flour, orange peel, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl cream together sugar and butter. Add vanilla and orange juice and blend well. Combine wet and dry mixtures, and mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough onto your prepared sheet, and bake for 15–20 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment